With video content and video calls on the rise, you’ve likely starred in a webinar or video call.
Here are our tips for a quality video selfie:
- Lighting: Have the main light source of the room in front of you, so your face is better lit than your background. If your in-room lighting doesn’t cut it, try a Clip-On Lumo Light – just clip it to your desk and position it behind your webcam.
- Stack it up: To avoid the double chin look, place books under your laptop or webcam device so the camera is in line with your eyes, rather than angling up.
- Mic check: Check your audio, and if it’s muffled or echoing, try a wireless Bluetooth mic like the Smartmike+.
- Eye contact: If using notes to present, print or write notes and display them behind your webcam so you’re not looking down or to the side of the camera.
- Pre-testing: Check your placement, appearance, surroundings and virtual background BEFORE connecting. Most apps allow you to view your display before entering the meeting, or you can set up a separate meeting for just yourself before connecting to check everything is professional.